- Norwegian company to buy Proton OnSite for $70M - A Norwegian company has agreed to purchase Wallingford's Proton OnSite for approximately $70 million in cash and stock. Nel ASA, which like Proton makes equipment called electrolyzers, has signed a non-binding term sheet with Proton, a manufacturer of hydrogen generation technology used in submarines, hydrogen vehicles and industrial settings. Proton CFO Sheldon Paul said Monday by phone that the company intends to keep its local operations and workforce. Nel and Proton hope to close the sale in the second quarter.
- Xerox cuts 800 jobs in Q4 - Xerox continued to pare costs in the fourth quarter even as it completed the separation of its business process outsourcing operations, cutting 800 jobs and ending a lease on a jet and the maintenance of a corporate aviation department.
- United Bank moving 200 workers to downtown Hartford - United Bank, a community lender based in Glastonbury, is relocating its administrative base and some 200 workers to downtown Hartford's Goodwin Square office tower. The move will begin in late spring or early summer.
- 29th Annual Manchester Community College Regional Job and Career Fair Is March 31th. Whether you're a newcomer to the job market or hoping to advance your current career, the 29th annual Manchester Community College Regional Job and Career Fair offers a great opportunity for jobseekers to connect with local employers. The event takes place 9am to 1pm on March 31st in the college's Great Path Academy Gymnasium. For more information visit www.ctjobfairs.com or contact Julie Greene, Manchester Comm. College, at JGreene@manchestercc.edu or (860) 512-3372.
- The Connecticut Labor Department's Office of Research releases monthly information on available job postings from the Conference Board's Help Wanted OnLine (HWOL) index. The most recent month of data, total postings in Connecticut was 68,660 in December 2016, down 3,353 from a month before and down 4,651 from December 2015. Additional HWOL information can be found at www1.ctdol.state.ct.us/lmi/HWOL.asp