- Home Depot to hire 900 people in Hartford - The Home Depot announced that 900 people will be hired in the Hartford area as part of a spring push. The company said it's part of a nationwide effort to bring in 80,000 new employees. Positions, both permanent part-time and seasonal, are available in sales, cashiering, operations and online order fulfillment.
- Canadian tech firm Dream Payments makes U.S. debut in Stamford - Dream Payments fully expects to benefit from the growing mobile commerce market. The company is actively seeking other employees in such departments as business development and sales.
- Riley Lumber Closing In Bloomfield After 80 Years - After more than 80 years in business in Bloomfield Center, family-owned Riley Lumber will close by the end of March. The landmark family-owned and -operated business, now in its 84th year found it has been harder and harder each year to remain profitable being a small type of operation compared to the box stores.
- RadioShack closing 1,700 stores nationwide, 24 in Connecticut - The once popular chain RadioShack filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and plans to close over 1,700 stores by the end of March. Twenty-four Connecticut RadioShack stores could close as part of a restructuring.
- Connecticut Learns & Works Conference - An annual conference for educators, counselors, employment and training specialists, and business persons interested in career and workforce development issues. Friday, May 12, 2017, 8:30 A.M. - 3:00 P.M. at Sheraton Hartford South Hotel 100 Capital Boulevard, Rocky Hill, CT 06067. Registration Fee: $95. For more information, please visit: ctlearnsandworks.com
- 2017 Heroes 4 Hire Veterans Career Fair - Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentchler Field. For info www.ctjobfairs.com/
- The Connecticut Labor Department's Office of Research releases monthly information on available job postings from the Conference Board's Help Wanted OnLine (HWOL) index. The most recent month of data, total postings in Connecticut was 70,805 in February 2017, down 5,705 from a month before and up 1,606 from February 2016. Additional HWOL information can be found at www1.ctdol.state.ct.us/lmi/HWOL.asp