- LEGO Systems of Enfield announced it would expand and create 65 jobs in 2013.
- Three small companies in Connecticut are expanding over the next five years with help from small business loans: Fortress Risk Management (+56 in Wethersfield), PayVeris (+42 in Wethersfield), and Fusion Paperboard (+20 in Sprague).
- The Warnaco Group in Milford, a clothing maker, announced it would reduce its workforce by 208 employees.
- Pratt and Whitney in East Hartford cut 40 jobs in April.
- Southern Air of Norwalk moved its headquarters to Kentucky, resulting in 115 lost jobs in the State.
- 454 Life Sciences, a research laboratory in Branford, intends to cut 60 jobs in June.
- The 19th annual Connecticut Learns and Works Conference will take place Friday, May 10, 2013 at the Water’s Edge Resort Conference Center in
Westbrook, CT. For more information, please visit: http://www.ctdol.state.ct.us/ctlw/
- Middlesex Career Fair will take place Tuesday, June 18, 2013 at Crowne Plaza Hotel, Cromwell, CT from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. For more visit: www.ctjobfairs.com.
- The Labor Department offers recruitment events in many of the CTWorks Career Centers. For a listing of employers that are conducting interviews at local CTWorks offices, please visit: http://www.ctdol.state.ct.us/ctworks/pos-recruit.html.