A two-page résumé is acceptable for a person with well-established experience seeking a job in the same
field. Pages should be single-sided and the applicant's name should appear on both pages. More space
is dedicated to the most recent job, with less space to earlier positions. In this résumé, the part-time job
held in 1989-1990 is simply listed because it is unrelated to the applicant's field. If requested, further
explanation would be offered during an interview.
555 Main Street
Colchester, CT 06040
A marketing managerial position offering opportunity in solving marketing problems and creating profitable
programs. Well-qualified to contribute in such areas as Marketing Management, Marketing Research, Planning
or New Product Development.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE:
- Self-directed and motivated professional with vision and eleven years progressive experience in
product sales and marketing support.
- Innovative, dedicated manager with excellent ability to both plan ahead and improvise as situations
- Proficient at coordinating and managing projects with proven track record of improving sales and
- Qualified in motivational training and thematic approaches, cooperative learning strategies, and
- Possess strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills in highly visible and responsible
1992 - Present
ABC Company, Colchester, Connecticut
Communications Manager, Agency Marketing Services
- Developed and implemented a marketing support program for over 20 new and
30 improved product lines.
- Expanded field sales by 30% through research and development of a direct mail
- Developed and conducted in-house training sessions for field representatives on
software set-up, life and annuity products, taxation, and consumer investment
- Directed a series of consumer/dealer acceptance studies responsible for the
introduction of a $3,200,000 contra-seasonal recreation product.
- Headed task force that introduced computerized forecasting and inventory control
system saving $21,000 annually and improving cash flow.
- Received bonus for creating Marketing Expense Control System allowing for
monthly detailed budget analysis and providing guidelines for projected
- Involved with almost all levels of product design. Credited with saving over
$60,000 in production costs and providing product line continuity by personally
designing new graphics, logo, and color scheme for entire consumer line.
XYZ COMPANY, Charlotte, North Carolina
Sales Administration Manager
- Handled all bid quotations for statewide and international requests for corporate
consumer products and distribution in foreign markets.
- Developed sales opportunities with appropriate overseas affiliates and provided
specific product sales data, prices and information from all domestic companies, as
well as outside vendors.
- Redesigned international sales campaign of five product lines which resulted in
65% increase in efficiency of operations and 40% increase in sales during the first
- Decreased shipping costs by $35,000 by combining customer orders and establishing series of dealer-located factory warehouses. Strategic move allowed
floor-plan lender to advance funds for further production.
1989 - 1990
QRS PHARMACY, Atlanta, Georgia
1983 - 1989
LMN CORPORATION, Oakdale, California
Marketing Manager, Employee Insurance Administration
- Motivated and directed two line managers and 14 sales personnel.
- Maintained close liaison with 200 dealers and 12 foreign distributors.
- Administered marketing budget and formulated pricing and margin structures.
- Supervised creation of advertising and promotional materials and coordinated
- Instituted cost reduction program and converted previous loss situation into
- Restructured compensation program and installed new sales quota system to be
more responsive to changing company needs.
- Saved over $13,000 by renegotiating manufacturer representative accounts.
1982 M.B.A., NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, New York, New York
1980 B.S., Marketing/Finance, GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY, Atlanta, Georgia
ACCESS, DBase III+, Excel, FoxPro, Internet savvy, MicroSoft Word, Powerbase, PowerPoint, Unisys